Pages

29 March, 2013

Meditate Regularly

There are many benefits to when it comes to meditation. Whether through natural herbs or sitting down thinking of a place where you would rather be for a few moments, it has been proven to be the stress reliever. Especially for older adults who are always on the go and always worried about bills and appointments. These ancient practices can help improve overall mental health, improve focus, and reduce essential hypertension, a type of high blood pressure that tends to develop over time and is very common in African Americans. Forty percent of African Americans have hypertension which can lead to heart disease, stroke, and kidney failure. For me, over the years the added stress has given me  the perfect opportunity to step outside myself and  take me to a  place of relaxation where I  can't be bothered, because my mind and body are at ease. Over the course of our lifetime life tends to become hectic so I take great pride in taking care of myself  physically and mentally to keep my mind and body sharp. I still struggle with hypertension because genetically it's in the genes, but I can do my very best to control it, instead of it controlling me.

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Wade Cameron said...

Thank you very much Steve for taking the time to read my blog. You are more than welcome to read more of my writings anytime.