Pages

23 April, 2013

Rubik Cube Artist Pete Fecteau

Artist Pete Fecteau will use 3, 612 Rubik's cube to create a piece of art for "Brain Games," a new television show on National Geographic. Using a digital template and working on a 43-foot section at a time, he will turn an empty Midtown storefront into a gigantic mural. In 2010 Fecateau created a mural in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Made of Rubik's Cubes.  It all it took him 40 hours to complete and it weighed half a ton. The project he calls Dream Big wasn't an easy, in a blog called Modern Met he said, There were many times where I'd want to give up and then the next day I'd get a call that forced me back on the horse. I kind of feel like it was willing itself to be made. I can't say I'm surprised by the attention. When I first looked at the finished product I was in as much awe as everyone else. I'm very happy to have this make people think about what's possible." I call this pure Genius. Take a look at his progress below.

 

 
 

No comments: