Pages

15 May, 2013

Bahrain Blogger Escapes To Britain

In the metro news this morning, there was a very interesting story about A Bahraini blogger and human rights activist who has been granted asylum in Britain after being in hiding for two years. A leading voice among protesters during the anti- government demonstration in 2011., Ali Abduleman   escaped a government crackdown and was smuggled out by fishermen. A military court tried and sentenced him in absentia to 15 years in prison. Its a sad story really, which explain the sacrifices we must endure for the shake of others. Ali has not seen his daughters since they were 6-months old. Abdulemam, 35 year old, a  former engineer with Gulf Air and author of the pro-democracy Bahrain Online Blog. He feels it deeply, as I can't imagine what he's going through.  he says, " I feel pain because I am not in my homeland. I did not choose this. I did not want this, but what I have come to realize sometimes the things we don't want chooses us, and we have to live with the consequences.

No comments: